If you’re a health nut and someone who rushes out the door in the mornings, then chances are you’ve looked for something better than the regular cereals or protein bars for your morning nutrition. While you’re at it a little indulgence (read, chocolate) wouldn’t hurt either.
Here’s where Shruthi S.A of Purple Hippie comes in. Her brand’s flagship product is gourmet and nutritious granola in different flavour combinations (including chocolate) that are perfectly complimented by her range of delicious nut butters. Granola has taken over the breakfast food scene with avocado-toast coming in a close second, but we strongly believe that granola is an all-day, everyday affair and Shruthi agrees.
Which is why even though she had us at chocolate, we sat down with her to discuss her favourite way to have granola and here’s the recipe that we’ve concluded is the #1 way to eat granola whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Apple & Granola Crumble
- 1. Purple Hippie Original Granola: 150 gms
- 2. Butter: 3 tbsps
- 3. Cooking apples, peeled, cored and diced(1/4″): 4
- 4.Cinnamon: 1 tsp
- 5. Raisins(optional): 15 gms
- 6. Lemon Juice: 2 tsp
- 7. Brown Sugar: 50 gms
- 8. Whole wheat flour: 30gms
- 9. Purple Hippie Chocolate Peanut Butter: 2 tbsps
- 1. Pre heat oven to 180 C
- 2. Mix the granola with the butter, 1 tbsp of sugar, 1 tbsp of flour and heat gently on a low flame till the three come together. Set aside.
- 3. In a mixing bowl, combine the diced apple, remaining sugar, remaining flour, cinnamon, raisins and lime juice.
- 4. Pour the apple mix into a baking tray and cover evenly with the granola mix.
- 5. Bake for 40-45 mins till the apples are tender and the granola mix is bubbling.
- 6. Serve warm with a dollop of Purple Hippie Chocolate Peanut Butter on top.
- 7. Bon Appetit!
At Qtrove, we make sure we give you products that are no less than #1 in taste and quality. If you’re excited to try this recipe, head to Qtrove.com for the nutritious granola and nut butter.