Read Complete Guide: How to Use Curd for Hair Treatment
3) Onion Juice: Apply Onion juice on your scalp and leave it to dry for about 15 minutes. Rinse your hair with an organic shampoo and let it dry completely without using a dryer. You can also use the onion and honey mixture. Mix ¼ cup of onion juice and 1 tablespoon honey. Apply and leave it for minimum 15 minutes. Later rinse your hair. If the pungent smell of onion irritates you, leave the onion in rum overnight and then apply it. You would be surprised how onion could treat your hair.
Benefits of Onion Juice:
- Onion juice helps in hair follicle nourishment and helps in restoring lost nutrients
- These vegetables are rich in sulphur, minimise hair breakage and thinning
- They have potent anti-bacterial properties and help fight scalp infections of the scalp
- Rich in antioxidants, onions help reverse the effects of premature greying
- Onions lend a healthy shine to hair and make your hair uninhabitable for lice
- The juice adds volume to the hair improves blood circulation and helps in fighting dandruff
4) Green Tea: Sipping green tea is not the only way to utilise the amazing benefits of this beverage; you can use it to rinse your hair. All you need to do is boil two green tea bags and apply the blend to your hair. Keep it for an hour and then rinse.
Benefits of Green Tea:
- Green tea inhibits the growth of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone), which hinders hair growth and causes hair fall
- The components of green tea ensure that the balance of testosterone is maintained in the blood so that it does not interfere with 5-alpha reductase and convert to DHT
- Its antiseptic properties help in preventing and curing hair problems such as dandruff and psoriasis by reducing the inflammation
- Green tea also stimulates the hair growth and softens the hair
- Polyphenols, Vitamin E and C, boost lustrous hair
Read 15 Amazing Health Benefits of Oolong Tea You Never Knew.
5) Olive Oil: Warm Olive Oil with coconut oil or almond oil. You can also use Olive Oil alone, but make sure that it is hot enough. Massage it gently on your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes. Later rinse your hair with a mild, organic shampoo.
Benefits of Olive Oil:
- Apart from deep conditioning, Olive Oil helps in smoothening the broken or burned hair ends
- Makes the hair healthy
- Wards off lice and dandruff
- Makes the strands soft and manageable