15 Home Remedies for Hair Fall You Should Definitely Try
Have you watched the movie “Tangled”? Wouldn’t you love to have hair just like Rapunzel? But does that dream shatter into zillion pieces when you look at the hair strands tucked in your comb? Oh dear! Keep away that grin, and look into these ten home remedies for hair fall you should try. We assure that with proper care you could have fine strands just like our beautiful Rapunzel.
Right before we plunge into the home remedies, let’s first understand the Phases of Hair Growth.
The human hair grows in 4 phases viz. Anagen, Catagen, Telogen and Return of Anagen.
Reasons for Hair Loss
The exact cause of hair loss is not completely understood yet, but it’s mostly related to one or more factors mentioned below:
- Family history (heredity)
- Hormonal changes
- Medical conditions
10 Home Remedies for Hair Loss
Whatever be the reason, but if you are losing more that 50 strands a day, then you must look into these ten home remedies to combat your hair loss.
1) Practice Yoga: Diet and exercise are imperative to keep the body fit and fine. If you are too busy to sneak out to the gym, then start practising yoga at home. We have enlisted Yoga Asanas below that can help you in getting your body in shape, glowing skin and healthy hair as these exercises will boost the blood circulation in your body.
- The Thunderbolt Pose (Vajrasana) – This asana not only tones the body but also boosts blood circulation. Practice sitting in this position for minimum 2 minutes.
- The Headstand Pose (Sirsasana) – You can stimulate and improve the blood circulation from head to the scalp by practising the Headstand Pose. It relieves stress, strengthens the shoulders and Helps to Flush out the Adrenal Glands.
- Shoulder Stand Pose (Sarvangasana) – One of the most important asanas in Yoga, this particular pose stretches the Nervous system, increases the flexibility of the spinal cord, calms the brain. It stimulates the Thyroid, Pituitary, Adrenal and Genital glands.
- The Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana) – The Cobra Pose decreases the stiffness of the lower back, strengthens arms and shoulders, improves menstrual irregularities, increases flexibility, elevates mood, invigorates the heart and banishes stress and fatigue.
The other poses that can benefit you tremendously are:
- Frontal Lobe Cleansing Technique (Kapalbhati)
- Alternate Breathing (Anuloma Viloma)
- The Pose of the Moon (Shashank asana)
- The Camel Pose (Ustrasana)
- The knee to chest pose (Pawanmuktasana)
- Bending straight forward pose (Uttanasana)
- Rabbit Pose (Sasangasana)
2) Curd Concoction: Believe it or not, your kitchen is a treasure trove of remedies. Pick up Curd from your refrigerator and apply it to your hair to get rid of excessive hair loss. You can blend this excellent tonic with various herbs or spices like gram flour, pepper, methi powder, henna, egg, lemon and so on for desirable results.
The curd treats your hair in various impressive ways. Some of which are:
- Reduces hair loss
- Wards off dandruff problems
- Softens the strands
- Gives hair a noticeable shine
- Strengthens the locks right from the roots